Friday, November 11, 2011

Another [the next] Friday – Forecast: partly cloudy with a chance of Goody, Lecturina and Aunt Anger bringing either sun or rain


Sitting at the new café, the one that just opened, the one I visited the other day. Now considering what my plans are for this Friday.

My cousin, lets call him Goody cause he’s a good-kid (though not a kid anymore, he’s 30), called me the other day and invited me to ride with him and his fiancé up north to his mom’s place for dinner. His mom, my aunt (dad’s older sister), is much like my dad in the sense that they come from good, old-fashioned we work hard class; this we work hard class has anger management issues, probably from a childhood void of parental emotion – they’re from a farm, my dad shoveled shit for much of his youth. 

On top of that they’re 1st generation post-Holocaust, and from what I understand (in general) the kids of Holocaust survivors experienced a silence.  Said survivors were so traumatized that they would not speak of the horrors they experienced, internalized the pain and built great big walls of denial. They’re kids suffered a silence so loud it passed through their blood, and affects the grandkids generations on.

Aunt Anger is strict, stubborn, frugal yet I know she very much loves her family… though its hard for her to express this love; her expression of love comes in the form of regulation – she regulates the lives of Goody and his older sister… lets call her Lecturina (word root = lecture and Ive slapped on the ‘ina cause she’s a girl – woman – 34 years old). I’ve christened her Lecturina because she always wants to lecture everyone.  This is a really annoying habit, and I think it comes from a complete and utter disappointment in her life. 

Anyhow, so Goody invited me to go for dinner at his moms.

Truth be known, I suspect that my dad spoke to him before he left the country, maybe asked him to check in on me or keep me occupied with family. I suspect this because since the invite, Goody has been overtly aggressive at inviting me out; at first it was for dinner with his fiancé two nights ago. I turned this down, thank you very much. And now it’s tonight’s dinner invite.

Will I go? I still don’t know… but I'll have to decide ASAP – Goody will be calling shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment